First District Representative
ARLENE BAWAN ARCILLAS
First District Representative
- Born July 31, 1969
- Second daughter of the late Mayor Leon C. Arcillas & Josefina “Offie” B. Arcillas
- Finished her Primary & Secondary Education at Canossa School of Santa Rosa
- A graduate of Bachelor of Science in Biology Major in Ecology at the University of the Philippines, Los Baños, Laguna in 1992
- Mother of two (2) children, Angelo Jose now 26 year of age and Monica Gabrielle, 21 years old
- Consultant to La Lavica Business Venture Inc.
Years in Service
- Elected Representative of the First District of Laguna, Local Election of 2016
- Re-elected as City Mayor, Local Election of 2013
- Re-elected as City Mayor, Local Election of 2010
- Elected First Lady Mayor, Local Election of 2007
- Assumed Office as Acting City Mayor on October 10, 2006
- Elevated to City Vice Mayor in May 11, 2005 upon death of Mayor Leon C. Arcillas
- Elected Senior Councilor, Local Election of 2004
- Kabataang Barangay Federation President, 1984
- Currently the Representative of the First District of Laguna (City of Santa Rosa & City of San Pedro)
- Member of fifteen (15) committees in the House of Representatives:
- Games and Amusements
- Ways and Means
- Inter-Parliamentary Relation and Diplomacy
- Public Works and Highways
- Local Government
- Science and Technology
- Trade and Industry
- Climate change
- Southern Tagalog
- Indigenous Cultural Communities and Indigineous People
- and lastly, the Committee of Higher and Techinical Education
Our guest speaker is current Advisory Council Chairman of Region IVA and consistent awardee in terms of Peace and Order getting the following awards:
From the Philippine National Police and Department of Interior and Local Government
- Given the Plaque of Merit on August 22, 2016
- Outstanding Local Chief Executive Regionwide in the Police Regional Office CALABARZON on June 27, 2016.
- Best Local Chief Executive – City Category National Level given on June 30, 2014, July 1, 2013 and September 24, 2012.
From the Bureau of Fire Protection-Region IVA CALABARZON
- Received a Plaque of Recognition given by BFP on August 9, 2016
From the Regional Advisory Council
- Awarded a Plaque of Recognition for being the Chairman of the Regional Advisory Council for Police Transformation and Development. Given by the Philippine National Police – Police Regional Office 4-A (CALABARZON) on August 24, 2016.
She was also for two terms as City Mayor was the Chairman of the Sectoral Committee on Economic Development of the Regional Development Council
From the Regional Development Council (RDC) & Department of Science and Technology (DOST) CALABARZON
- She received the Lingkod RDC Award given by the RDC CALABARZON on June 9 2016.
- Dubbed as one the Science Ambassador of DOST CALABARZON
From the Boy Scouts of the Philippines (BSP)
- Being the Chairman of BSP Santa Rosa Council, she was given multiple awards:
- Silver Usa Award in 2011
- Outstanding Local Council Chairman Award, 2012
- Gold Usa Award, 2015
In her personal capacity she already has active participation in Civic organizations and Non-Government Organizations thus for her to receive awards:
From Rotary Club of Santa Rosa Centro R. I. District 3820
- She became Club President in 2014
- In 2011 Rotary Club Santa Rosa Centro awarded her with the Promising Rotarian of the Year Award.
- She was also the recipient of the Paul Harris Fellow award given to individuals who have made notable contributions to the Rotary Foundation of Rotary International.
- She is also currently the Vice President to Zonta Club of Laguna which is organized along the lines of Rotary Club. Zonta Club is an international service organization with the mission of advancing the status of women.
From the University of Philippines- Los Baños (UPLB)
- Named the Outstanding UPLB Alumni for the Department of Biology in March 24, 2008
- She has her very own Hibiscus Hybrid, Hibiscus rosa-sinensis ‘Arlene B. Arcillas’, which was produced by the Institute of Plant Breeding, College of Agriculture in University of the Philippines Los Baños as part of its Women in Public Service Series. It was presented on October 10, 2011.
From Asia Pacific Youth Exchange (APYE)
- A Plaque of Recognition from APYE for her most valued support in extending kind assistance to make the Asia Pacific Youth Exchange a success on August 4, 2016.
- Through APYE, young people can showcase to Governments, international agencies, civil society and private sector organizations across the Asia-Pacific region showcase that they are powerful agents of change who, if supported and empowered, can drive the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Two of the most prestigious national awards was given to her:
From the National Disaster and Risk Reduction Management Council (NDRRMC)
- Then City Mayor Arlene B. Arcillas received the Bakas Parangal ng Kabayanihan Award last September 12, 2012 at the Armed Forces of the Philippines Commissioned Officers Club in Camp General Emilio Aguinaldo in Quezon City.
From the Office of the President and Civil Service Commission
- This award is given to an individual or group of individuals for exceptional or extraordinary contributions resulting from an idea or performance that had nationwide impact on public interest, security and patrimony.
- Conferred by the Civil Service Commission and Office of the President, and received on the 9th day of November 2011.
Ladies and gentlemen, the Presidential Lingkod ng Bayan, Representative Arlene B. Arcillas.